Thursday 3 March 2011

Lake District - Keswick

Today's theme was "Walk Local" - no car, no public transport. So where better than Latrigg again. It's an easy circular walk (same as Monday), sufficient to get my heart working overtime mind, and the confines of Brundholme Wood on the southern slopes contrast nicely with the wide-open grassy summit.

Brundholme Wood - Latrigg

It was Market Day in Keswick which livened the place up a bit - not that it needs enlivening. There's plenty to see, do, eat and drink, and I did all of that.

Keswick - Market Day


So - there's my day gone. My mini-break too; I head south for home tomorrow.

2 comments:

QDanT said...

after todays hospital visit, the second this week, and another Friday
coupled with the grey overcast weather the first photo of Brundholme Wood has really cheered me up -- thanks Danny

Unknown said...

A place well worth visiting that cheered me up too.

Brian